Thursday, September 7, 2017

I brought the cake!

Hello everyone!
Stephanie with you today to challenge you with a fun anything-but-square project using the amazing Polkadoodles stamps from the Time For Tea collection at LDRS Creative, along with some gorgeous flowers as always from I Am Roses. 

Have I tickled your interest, yet? Well I don't know if you're like me, but I sometimes like to get out of my comfort zone and try new folding techniques. Not that there's anything bad with plain old square or A5, it's just... you know... different ;-) And since we have so many great products in store, I figured this new shape would give me the perfect opportunity to feature them!

I used the adorable "I brought the cake" and coloured her up with my Copic markers. Of course, I used the same combo that was selected from the Daisy Daisy 6x6 paperpad (that is currently out-of-stock, oops!). Once she was all coloured up, I used a shape from the Fancy Rectangles & Layers Die Set to piece her out and layer her onto a second rectangle, for more dimension.

The Timeless Pocket Watch Die Set has such a vintage look, I think it was the perfect addition to this project! Oh and can you spot the Scalloped Swag Border Die in there? Delicate, but quite elegant to use it as a finishing touch.

Now, I see you all wondering how I did it, right? Here's a simple sketch for you to follow (score at dotted lines, cut the two triangles parts and fold the rest). BUT I also have a short video to show you the whole process. Fun, eh? There's no voiceover, so you can sit back and relax or simply turn off the music that I chose!




And do make sure to notice the gorgeous flowers that I use in there! Of course, I didn't have much space or much cardstock to support the weight of heavy embellishments, but I thought they were quite lovely next to this young lady!
As always, I used amazing products from I Am Rosessmall rosescherry blossoms and a large gardenia.

Until next time :-)

No comments: